Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th!!!

OK, so it wasn't fireworks along the Charles River, but still LA has a groovy July 4th scene. The options were endless. Fireworks in Malibu, at Marina del Rey, picnics here and there. I opted for a party at a friends house. (Truth be told, I'm pretty sure I was only invited because they LOOOVVVEEE my salsa recipe).

Nevertheless, it was a blast. Totally LA -- I even left with someone's business card that was basically a headshot and a website. It was actually really fun. Did I mention it was a mansion? My friend is a nanny and lives in the nanny house behind the pool house. It was a part of LA I'd never been to...Antonio Banderas is their neighbor.

But I must say this. The owners of the house, who own a TV production company, also grow their own tomatoes, strawberries, lemons and apricots. The woman even does her own canning...now that was unexpected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds spectacular. back in tx (dripping springs) ours weren't so grand, but did start a huge grass fire.

penny said...

Glad you had a fun Independence Day. Ours was quiet, just the way we like it. You know those 60 somethings. :)
Praying for you. Love, Penny