Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Getty

Much to my dismay, L.A. has been freakishly hot for the past week. So when the weather returned to normal, I hopped out of bed and made a run for the The Getty. I've been dying to go there. I tried when I visited in Feb, but was turned away due to parking issues. I got over my fear of rejection and finally got to go yesterday.








I didn't even get to see half of it. It's HUGE!

The gardens were beautiful, the art amazing.
It really is a great way to spend the day.
Here are a few pictures...

Now by gardens, I'm not talking roses and pansies.
I'm talking cactus gardens. As it turns out, I moved to the desert. I must have slept through the class where we learned this in school, because it has taken me completely by surprise. I see flowers I've never seen before, I'm noticing the subtle differences in colors and I may even be able to skip a day between washing my hair (I love dry weather!). Here are some of my desert flowers I'm growing to love...







1 comment:

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

oh yes, the Getty...definitely a cool place. i was there the first month it opened, and i'm sure it's changed a lot since then. seriously though, did you really now know that LA is the desert???