Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Down home

Well, I'm in my Motherland for a few weeks. Texas, that is. And just in case I get disoriented, there are signs everywhere to remind me where I am. For instance, I can get my burger "TEXified" at Burger King for 60 cents. Really....TEXified?!? Oh there's TEX's used auto parts, Central Texas pawn shops, Lone Star oil change...and the list goes on. While we may be nice people in the South....we sure have TEXified our state pride and it's getting out of control!

Wow, I don't sound like a native anymore...it's a good thing I'm back for a few weeks!

2 comments:

Jami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Hey Angela! Got your message! We are all connected thru blogs, so it's good to know you're out there too. Enjoy your time back "home"- you will always be a Texan no matter what!