Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quirky California

I decided to take two days and go on a personal retreat. There's a monastery in Santa Barbara, but they could only take me one night, so I pricelined a hotel in the area. Of course I can't afford a hotel in Santa Barbara, so priceline hooked me up in the "outskirts" about 40 miles away in Buellton California.


That's right, Buellton. Perhaps you've heard of it? Their claim to fame is clearly marked on bulletin boards as you arrive....Buellton....Home of the famed Split Pea Soup. Wow. Split Pea Soup, really?






Of course I made a bee line right for the pea soup place and had a bowl. I can't say if it was good or not since it was the only time I've ever had it. But still, when in Buellton, right?



I'm going to swing by Solvang. The largest Danish community in America before I head to Santa Barbara, so stay tuned for some pics from Solvang. You won't want to miss out. Perhaps they are famous for Corn Chowder?

2 comments:

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

Oh my gosh...I'm feeling so nostalgic...we used to go to Solvang regularly when I was a kid, and Pea Soup Anderson's was always one of our stops.

I LOVE their pea soup. You used to be able to buy it in the grocery store, but I haven't seen it in years. Yummy yum yum.

Definitely get some fudge when you visit Solvang!

Anonymous said...

wala pulos imo blog.