Thursday, May 15, 2008

Reflections on Boston



Oh, I was so good to be back on the East Coast. Especially in the Spring. Honestly, I don't even know where to begin.


When I arrived, it was cool and drizzling...and I loved it. I went for a walk, Dunkin' Donuts in hand, and stood under an awning in the rain. It felt as though I was smiling at Boston, and Boston was smiling at me.


Bostonians are a hardy people. The people I saw running around Brighton Center were unhindered by the rain...in fact, they didn't even pick up the pace. They simply go about their business. I love that.


What is it about the hard winter that makes Spring so special? I wanted to applaud every tulip...."You go tulip. You made it through the cold, dark winter. Push through that hard ground, it's your time to shine!!!"



And my friends...it was so good to see everyone. Catch up on all the good stories from work that I missed. Get the scoop on weddings I didn't get to go to, see friends that are pregnant...catch up on stuff that is otherwise passing me by.
And getting a weekend away with my bookclub in Contecticut. Those great New England little escapes. There's nothing like it. We laughed, walked, ate and raised a glass to old times. I'm so thankful (can you feel the gush) for these friends and places that have become a part of my life!!!


No comments: