Sunday, May 18, 2008

THE VERANDA

Here's a little place I made right outside my sliding door. I refer to it as, dramatically, THE VERANDA.


Basically it's a way to create a sitting area and not stare at a cinder block wall. Around the block, there was a "free" sign on a stack of wood, including these shutters. I just nailed them together, added a shelf (again free wood)....and my favorite $3 find at IKEA, the hanging candle holder.


I wish you could see the tree above. It's the sweetest persimmon tree. I just love sitting under it.




Next I want to get a rug, or some kind outdoor lighting. It has to be battery or solar though. Let me know if you have suggestions. And the next time you are in town, I'll pour you a drink and we'll sit in the VERANDA.


6 comments:

Casey2 said...

I LOVE it. It is dramatically beautiful. I want to get in a plane and fly to see you, just to sit there. You are so creative and crafty.

Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D. said...

well done! i think the other thing that you need on the veranda is a chaise lounge.

Anonymous said...

This is just so "Angela"! There is no other adjective I can think of to describe it. I love it! I can't wait to see it in person this summer.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thing you have done. It looks so inviting and fun. Aunt P

Anonymous said...

You have to be the most creative person I know! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.